Episode #090. I’m joined today by Dan Benjamin and we have quite a fun time. You may know Dan from his compiling Ruby, Rails, and MySQL guides, cork’d, and most recently Playgrounder. Dan’s going to be hosting the podcast for a little while now and I’m thrilled to have him as a co-host. We’re experimenting with a new idea for "community spotlight" in this episode so let us know if you have a ruby/rails project launch coming up the community might benefit from.
Sponsorhip opportunities are available as well.
The Rails Envy podcast is brought to you this week by NewRelic. NewRelic provides RPM which is a plugin for rails that allows you to monitor and quickly diagnose problems with your Rails application in real time. Check them out at NewRelic.com.
- Upgrading to Snow Leopard
- Hivelogic Compilation Guides
Hivelogic – Compiling Ruby, RubyGems, and Rails on Snow Leopard
Hivelogic – Compiling Git on Snow Leopard
Hivelogic – Compiling MySQL on Snow Leopard
- Phusion Passenger 2.2.5 Released
- John Barnette on Rake
- Ruby Version Manager
- Rio makes working with IO easier
- Use a PHPBB forum to handle user authentication in your rails app
- LDAP Pass-through Authentication with Authlogic and ActiveLdap
- Do not burden your users with validations
- Typus auto-admin plugin
- Introduction to using vim for Rails development
- Git merge vs Git rebase: Avoiding rebase hell
- Donate to Corey Haines
- Ruby Invoicing Framework
- Keep Models Out Of Your Views Business!