This post is by spastorino from Riding Rails - home
Click here to view on the original site: Original Post
Rails 3.1.1.rc2 has been released. Please give it a try, it’s our chance to fix regressions you might find and make a beautiful 3.1.1 stable release. If there are no regressions I will be releasing 3.1.1 final next October 3rd. If you find any regression please contact me ASAP by email, twitter or github.
* No changes
* Allow asset tag helper methods to accept :digest => false option in order to completely avoid the digest generation.
Useful for linking assets from static html files or from emails when the user
could probably look at an older html email with an older asset. [Santiago Pastorino]
* Don’t mount Sprockets server at config.assets.prefix if config.assets.compile is false. [Mark J. Titorenko]
* Set relative url root in assets when controller isn’t available for Sprockets (eg. Sass files using asset_path). Fixes #2435 [Guillermo Iguaran]
* Fix basic auth credential generation to not make newlines. GH #2882
* Fixed the behavior of asset pipeline when config.assets.digest and config.assets.compile are false and requested asset isn’t precompiled.
Before the requested asset were compiled anyway ignoring that the config.assets.compile flag is false. [Guillermo Iguaran]
* CookieJar is now Enumerable. Fixes #2795
* Fixed AssetNotPrecompiled error raised when rake assets:precompile is compiling certain .erb files. See GH #2763 #2765 #2805 [Guillermo Iguaran]
* Manifest is correctly placed in assets path when default assets prefix is changed. Fixes #2776 [Guillermo Iguaran]
* Fix ActiveRecord#exists? when passsed a nil value
* Fix assert_select_email to work on multipart and non-multipart emails as the method stopped working correctly in Rails 3.x due to changes in the new mail gem.
* Remove hard dependency on bcrypt-ruby to avoid make ActiveModel dependent on a binary library.
You must add the gem explicitly to your Gemfile if you want use ActiveModel::SecurePassword:
gem ‘bcrypt-ruby’, ‘~> 3.0.0’
See GH #2687. [Guillermo Iguaran]
* Add deprecation for the preload_associations method. Fixes #3022.
* Don’t require a DB connection when loading a model that uses set_primary_key. GH #2807.
* Fix using select() with a habtm association, e.g. Person.friends.select(:name). GH #3030 and
* Fix belongs_to polymorphic with custom primary key on target. GH #3104.
* CollectionProxy#replace should change the DB records rather than just mutating the array.
* LRU cache in mysql and sqlite are now per-process caches.
* lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb: LRU cache
keys are per process id.
* lib/active_record/connection_adapters/sqlite_adapter.rb: ditto
* Database adapters use a statement pool for limiting the number of open
prepared statments on the database. The limit defaults to 1000, but can
be adjusted in your database config by changing ‘statement_limit’.
* Fix clash between using ‘preload’, ‘joins’ or ‘eager_load’ in a default scope and including the
default scoped model in a nested through association. (GH #2834.) [Jon Leighton]
* Ensure we are not comparing a string with a symbol in HasManyAssociation#inverse_updates_counter_cache?.
Fixes GH #2755, where a counter cache could be decremented twice as far as it was supposed to be.
* Don’t send any queries to the database when the foreign key of a belongs_to is nil. Fixes
GH #2828. [Georg Friedrich]
* Fixed find_in_batches method to not include order from default_scope. See GH #2832 [Arun Agrawal]
* Don’t compute table name for abstract classes. Fixes problem with setting the primary key
in an abstract class. See GH #2791. [Akira Matsuda]
* Psych errors with poor yaml formatting are proxied. Fixes GH #2645 and
* Use the LIMIT word with the methods #last and #first. Fixes GH #2783 [Damien Mathieu]
* No changes
* Fixed performance issue where TimeZone lookups would require tzinfo each time [Tim Lucas]
* ActiveSupport::OrderedHash is now marked as extractable when using Array#extract_options! [Prem Sichanugrist]
* Add jquery-rails to Gemfile of plugins, test/dummy app needs it. Closes #3091. [Santiago Pastorino]
* `rake assets:precompile` loads the application but does not initialize it.
To the app developer, this means configuration add in
config/initializers/* will not be executed.
Plugins developers need to special case their initializers that are
meant to be run in the assets group by adding :group => :assets.
You can find an exhaustive list of changes on [github](https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.1.0…v3.1.1.rc2). Along with the [closed issues marked for v3.1.1](https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?milestone=6&state=closed). You can also take a look to what’s new between [v3.1.1.rc1 and v3.1.1.rc2](https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.1.1.rc1…v3.1.1.rc2)
You can also see issues [we haven’t closed yet](https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?milestone=8&state=open).
Thanks to everyone!